About John Quigley
John Quigley is a self taught artist.
He draws his inspiration from Irish mythology, Irish Celtic manuscript decoration, stained glass, the Irish landscape and wildlife which he fuses together to Create his work.
For over two decades John collaborated with Irish Celtic artist Jim Fitzpatrick to produce a body of work that has adorned Greeting Cards, Calendars, Prints, poster,Table Mats and Album Covers.
John's portfolio includes commissioned artwork for clients such as:
- Donegal Parian China
- Aer Lingus
- Paramount Studios
- Waltons Music
- Swordpoint Intercontinental Ltd
- Guinness Ireland
- Canadian Ambassador to Ireland Michael B Phelps
- Government of Ireland.
- National Museum of Ireland
- John was featured in a television programme in the "Lesser Spotted Ulster " series. This programme was broadcast on Ulster Television. He was interviewed by presenter Joe Mahon and many of his paintings were shown.
- His work is in Private collections throughout the world which include pieces owned by the late Nobel prize winning Irish poet Seamus Heaney, Hollywood actress mark Roma Downey,The late United States Senator Edward Kennedy and Philomena Lynott.
Influences : Harry Clarke, Alphonse Mucha, Robert Bateman, Drew Struzan and Jim Fitzpatrick.